Masia el Reme (Mas del Reme in Catalan) is a completely restored 120 years old stone house, 120 Km. southwest of Barcelona, 24 Km west of the coast (Costa Dorada).
El Reme is situated in a completely secluded valley with sweet-water springs and planted groves (175,000 m2) of local Mediterranean fruit trees such as almonds, olives, and figs spread along its many stone terraces. The surrounding slopes are covered with an indigenous forest of pines and oaks.
In El Reme you will find everything nature has to offer. One can simply relax and enjoy natures undisturbed tranquility, or embark on the many walking and cycling trips to nearby picturesque villages and natural beauty spots. The proximity to the coast allows access to the seaside attractions of Costa Daurada such as Port Aventura which is app. 44 km. away.
We offer 5 types of lodging:
1. The whole house (300 m2, accommodation for up to 20 people, ideal for conferences and workshops).
2. The first floor (140 m2, accommodation for up to 8 people, ideal for a family or group of friends): 3 double rooms, a living room with open fireplace, a big fully equipped kitchen and a huge open verandah. The master bedroom has a bathroom ensuit. The other two rooms are served by a bathroom accessed via the hallway. These two rooms as well as the kitchen and the living room open into the verandah.
3. The studio (45 m2, accommodation for up to 3 people, Ideal for a couple, a couple with one child or a single person): A huge double bedroom, shower, toilet and kitchenette.
4. A complex of one huge room (45 m2) that can sleep up to 6 people + a 20 m2 fully equipped kitchen attached. Private outdoor bathroom and toilet attached.
5. A room in the ground floor (Ideal for individuals, couples or friends): Double bedrooms with private entrance each and sink ensuit. Private outdoor bathroom and toilet attached, no kitchen!
please contact us for prices and availability! Area Details Within the vicinity of the house is the amazing stalactites cave 'Cova del Reme' and a small spring water pool located in the midst of our terraces and forests and is for our guests to enjoy. A 5 Km. walk along the fascinating Sierra de Llaveria is the picturesque village Llaveria at 914 m. above sea level with breathtaking views. A 7 Km. walk downhill along springs and fresh-water pools is the village Capcanes, famous for its vineyards and red wine. Approximately 9 Km. from the house is the converted convent 'Ermita de Santa Marina' which has become a local meeting place thanks to its bar and the mineral water spring from which the locals fill big jugs since they value the water's properties. The beautiful village of Pratdip is only 9 Km. away. Tivissa with its ancient Roman remains is a half day walk from el-Reme. One can also embark on day trips by car to the Ebro River and the Delta del Ebro Natural Park, Port Aventura the largest adventure park in Europe, the coast towns Cambrils, Salou, L'hospitalet de L'infant and Taragona, once the Roman capital of Spain, and many more sites. Travel Details A car is essential! The nearest train staition is in Capcanes, 7 km. away (but you'll need to walk from there). Hospitalet de L'infant is 20 km. away. The nearest international airport is in Reus, 45 km. away. Barcelona airport is 120 km.
Location The marker is an accurate indicator of the property location.