Elegant apartments in a completely restored building that dates to the start of 1131 and which borders onto the Catthedral of Cefalu .
Pleasant apartments in a very important building of cefalu town center; consisting of 6 accommodations situated in the well known tourist resort of Cefalu. The apartments are situated on the Duomo Square , approx. 200 m from the beach. Peaceful position, panoramic view. The apartments have autonomous accesses and outdoor areas,air condition,central heating;
the apartments are all with same caratteristic:
type 2 sleeps
1 room apartment with double bedroom or(2 twin bed)-bathroom(with shower)- -kitchen area-A/C-Tv-balcony or small terrace
Type 4 sleeps
2 room apartment with double bedroom-or(2 twin bed)-bathroom(with shower)-living room with sofŕ double bed-kitchen area-tv-A/C-balcony or terrace
Comfortable furniture .Central heating.
From the 3 floor of the builing is possible for everybody to access at a magnific terrace (200 mq)
Transfer from the local airport (payment) ,rent cars,rents scooter,booking restaurants,excurision
How to arrive:
If you arrive with train from Palermo airport get the Train(or bus) until Palermo main train station .from Palermo train station there is every 2 hours train direct for Cefalu-from Cefalu train station to the apartment very easy just walk and following indication Piazza Duomo 18 distance 10 minutes
If you arrive by Car from Palermo following indication Motorway A20 direction Messina go out CEFALU from there following indication center -please parking by the beach .
The palazzo Maria, which was erected in the same period as the Cathedral, was probably built by Roger II “the Norman”
around 1159 as the Domus Regia, that is as the Royal Palace but also as the seat of state dignitaries.
Until the end of the seventeenth century it probably housed the Royal Chancellery, the Court offices, the Senate, the offices of the Civic Magistrates and in the end the prison, moved here from its previous seat inside the left bell tower of the Cathedral.
During the centuries, the building has undergone major restructuring which has completely altered the original architecture, with the exceptions of 2 mullioned windows on the first floor, a portal, the gothic window facing the Vicolo del Santissimo, and a late Renaissance shop on the ground floor.
At the end of the seventeenth century it became the property of the barons Maria di Alburchia e Capuano, then it was sold to the Barons La Calce, and in the first decades of the twentieth century, it was purchased by the Miceli-Matassa family and was used first as a boys' boarding school, afterwards as the seat of public offices, and in the end as a private residence.
The ancient palace, which faces the Cathedral square and the magnificent Norman Cathedral, recently has been partially restored and divided into several apartments, all of which are tastefully furnished with antiques and equipped with air-conditioning and/or central heating.
From the large sun terrace, one can enjoy a breathtaking view of the sea, the Eolian islands, the Cathedral towers and the majestic Rocca. Area Details Www.cefalu.it Travel Details Yes
Location The marker is only an estimate of the location based on zip/post code and street address.