Alphaven is a newly built Chalet Style House with 4 Luxury Apartments. It is situated on the sunny side, above the beautiful mountain paradise of Engelberg.
The views are simply stunning, a 220 degree panorama with a breath taking vista across the entire valley with the mighty \"Titlis\" and the Benedictine Monastery at the centre. Arguably one of the most beautiful views in Switzerland from an apartment.
Apartment C (90 Square Metres) is on the top floor and is luxuriously appointed. 2 Balconies ensure you can get the sun all day long. Guests have the use of a Finnish Sauna, Laundry room, Ski Room, Covered Parking etc.
The locals call Engelberg \"Heaven\" and it really is ... The Skiing and Boarding are superb with one of the longest seasons in Europe. Most of the skiing is above 1800 metres so the snow cover is excellent. A glacier ensures you can Ski/Board all year round. There are 750 kms of walking trails with some of the best views in the Alps. Lake Lucern is only a 20 minute drive away and another 10 minutes gets you to the historic city of Lucern itself.
To get a much better idea of how really wonderful it is here, please take a look at our website www.alphaven.ch.
The rates are from $150 per night in Low Season to $210 per night in High Season. Cleaning is $90 per stay and there is a bedding cost of $18 per person per stay. Area Details WINTER
• Engelberg has one of the longest Ski Seasons In Europe … Early November to Late May
• Most of the 82 kms of Skiing / Boarding is above 1800m which guarantees excellent snow cover
• The TITLIS GLACIER at over 3000m. gives you superb Skiing / Boarding … ALL YEAR ROUND
• The run from the Titlis to the village is a vertical drop of 2000m … one of the longest in the Alps
• Engelberg is superb for Snowboarding with 2 half - pipes and many thrilling “off-piste” runs
• Many other activities during the Winter include:
Cross Country Skiing … Paragliding … Swimming … Tennis … Ice Skating … Winter Walking …Sledging … Ice Climbing... Go -Karting … Horse and Carriage Rides... Sports Centre... Kindergarten
• There are plenty of excellent Restaurants and Bars and a few lively Nightspots
• Engelberg is absolutely beautiful in the Summer with LOTS TO DO !, when you’re not taking it easy … and relaxing in the sun !
• A stunning GOLF COURSE, currently 9 holes
will become 18 Holes in Spring 2004
• SUMMER WALKING in Engelberg is simply the best anywhere in the Alps … 750 Km. of well signposted hiking paths cover the whole area, with absolutely stunning views wherever you look
• A host of other Summer Activities include :
Kayaking … Glacier Walks … Glacier Grotto … Bungie Jumping … Paragliding … Rock Climbing... Mountain Biking …Devil Biking …Canyoning... Fun Lift …Flying Fox(Abseiling)…Skating... Summer Sledge Run … Childrens Activity Park... Go – Karting … Swimming & Tennis (indoor and Outdoor) … Glacier Skiing and Boarding
• Founded in the twelfth century, the HISTORIC BENEDICTINE MONASTERY in the middle of the town with its magnificent baroque church is unmissable... boasting the largest church organ in Switzerland
• LUCERNE and all it’s attractions (including an IMAX Cinema) are only half an hour’s drive away … and you can be on Lake Lucerne in 20 minutes Travel Details FLY: Zurich Airport is closest
DRIVE: A little over an hour’s drive from Zurich.
Follow motorway direction Luern, then direction Gothard and follow
signs for Engelbergthal-Engelberg
(Chains or 4X4 are required in the Winter.)
TRAIN: There are regular trains from Zurich Airport to Engelberg.
“Intercity” train to Luzern then onto the delightful mountain train that takes you up the Engelberg valley.
Journey time - 2 hours 15 minutes
Click on any image below to open a full panorama in a new window.